Saturday, March 8, 2014

One hundred and ninety nine......

200! This is my 200th post. It has been sitting waiting to come for a long time. What should I do to mark this grand occasion? Should I give something away? Should I announce something? Have a party? I really couldn't decide and honestly, I didn't really have the energy or enthusiasm for it. So I'm just writing this post and seeing where I get to.



Life with three little ones is certainly different to life with two. Don't get me wrong, it is filled with fun and laughter and love, but add that extra one in and  the third one changes the game. For a while I was like "This is so easy!" "Three isn't hard" "They don't know what they are on about". Then they start solids. Since then, I feel like I just can't get myself organised. I feel like my life revolves around the kitchen. Breakfast for four people (that's 3 kids and me - husband can fend for himself). Everyone wants something different, but they all want it now. It's mostly OK until one wants more and is still starving even after 3 weetbix.
School lunch next with morning tea. This must be thought out long and hard as it needs to be filling but not too much that he spends all his time eating and doesn't get to play.

After school drop off there is morning tea, more food. Then lunch, followed by afternoon tea.

Then dinner. One has to eat by four thirty at the latest. But she's fussy. None of this same stuff two days in a row. And really only vegies and a bit of meat. That's all she wants. The two boys - got to eat by five. Mostly I make them something they didn't want and nine times out of ten it is disgusting - or so I'm told.
Husband at the moment is on a Gluten Elimination diet. That means regardless of whether I want to be or not I am too. Enough said.

Three different dinners. Three different times.

Then the clean up.

I can see where the old saying of 'Chained to the kitchen sink' came from!

I have grand plans of gardening, sewing, getting fit. Maybe one day I will, but for now my life revolves around kids and food.

Maybe next time I'll share what I feed them! Who knows.....

No comments: