Friday, February 8, 2013

Embarrassed

I am embarrassed to say that this is the state of my vegie garden at the moment. 


Completely over grown with grass and weeds.



There are remnants of vegetables still visible. The super hardy Asparagus and Rhubarb.


Though the Asparagus is struggling I'd say!



One lone pumpkin that we tried to make into the Worlds Biggest - failed dismally there! Hubby tried spraying the paths for me so we could find the garden beds back! The sunflowers were about the only things that thrived. Oh, that's besides the weeds!



There are some tomatoes, but they aren't very nice. They seem to have some sort of insect eggs inside them. 
So, in a bid to try to regain some sort of self sufficiency, the boys and I are spending an hour after dinner every night cleaning out the beds. We have 2 so far! One we have put in a punnet of lettuce seedlings and heirloom beetroot seeds. The other half full of bean seeds. I've been bitterly disappointed with the beans from the supermarket so hopefully we will get some before the winter comes. 

No comments: