Wednesday, February 6, 2013

This week

School started back this week. Big Preprimary kid now.  He's been looking forward to getting back to school for weeks. Now it's here though, he's been a bit disappointed with it.  


Tuesday night he told me he was feeling sad that they hadn't learned anything yet. I explained that maybe as it was only the second day of school maybe the teachers were still letting everyone settle in. Fair enough.
Last night after picking him up from school, on the way home he told me:
 "Actually mum, I'm still trying to work this preprimary thing out"
" Oh really? What do you mean?" my reply.
"Well, is preprimary for learning or just playing, coz we still haven't learned anything yet".
Oh the eagerness of young minds! Bless him!


I only hope that he continues his enthusiasm for learning for the many daunting years of school left!
Samuel didn't want to be in any photos with his big brother! And yes the dolphin has been going to school too. He stays in his school bag and at lunch William says hello and zips him back in. Dolphin misses him too much otherwise.

So, while I am one child less now I have been doing a small amount of catch up sewing. This Ruby disappearing nine patch is for our farm worker and his wife. They had a baby girl last week (a bit early but nice and healthy). All new babies need a baby quilt! 


I've wanted to make a disappearing nine patch for a while now and I'm so glad I did! Easy peasy blocks to put together in no time, and  a bit more interesting than just a patchwork.


Backed with AMH flannel (I'm trying to collect as much as I can before it's all gone). LOVE to work with it and it really is lovely on the back of a baby quilt. 


This is not even a full charm pack, maybe 5 squares left over? A little white border to make it a little bit bigger and now we can finally deliver it and meet the new baby. 
Meanwhile, only 8 weeks till we meet our new baby. AHHH!

No comments: