Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sweetwater, Joel and Jeni

So, the dairy farmers are getting married. The ones that own the farm that surrounds us. They are so lovely and fun and young and in love. I'm glad we know them. Anyway, for their wedding gift, I thought I'd make them a quilt. Silly me. It is nine days away. I don't know if I'll finish it in time. 


There was a lot of cutting


There's been a lot of sewing


The blocks look like this 


And the finished quilt should look something like this, from the new Sweetwater book A Simple Home.  But it will be a bit different. I'm using Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry (love it)  It's a big quilt and I'm really hoping that I can pull it off in time. Especially as I hope to hand quilt it too. I know, I must be dreaming, crazy, lost the plot. Oh well, It's the thought that counts.


And speaking of thinking, I was thinking what to make Ben's grandma for Christmas, a bit late I know, but we  are only just seeing her now. Anyway, she is a mad keen knitter so what better to make for her than a knitting bag. She currently uses a plastic shopping bag.


I know everyone has been making these and I so have I. Well, one other one using Jeni from In Color Order's  tutorial , I did in the size that the tut said. But I thought it was a bit small for Ma's knitting, so I made this one bigger. It measures 16in x 20in and to jazz it up a bit more I appliqued it. She loved it and so do I. It's a great tutorial and a great pattern and so easy to change the sizing to what ever you need.

I'm off to continue the wedding quilt. xxx

No comments: