Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sunshine & Pinwheels

I started making this quilt a fair while ago. All the way back in December 2010. Then I blogged it here, that I was going to finish it. Well, I lied. I didn't finish it then. I must have gotten swamped, but I finished it this morning. 

I love it. I was given the fat quarter set for Christmas 2009 and I had no idea what line they were from or who they were. It was just a lovely yellow and green and teal fat quarter set. I didn't realize until yesterday that the majority of the prints were Heather Bailey! Once I found that out I ordered some more!


I have hand quilted around each pinwheel and around the sashing on the border. I'm in love with hand quilting now. It really makes the quilt extra special.


I want to keep it, I really do, but I've listed it in my Madeit store. Someone else should be able to enjoy its sunshine cheeriness!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I already commented about the quilt on your flickr stream - but I love that little ele as well! Did you make it?

Unknown said...

This quilt is so cute! Do you have a pattern for it? I would love to make it!