Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

This past week has been chockers full of stuff going on.
Firstly, William got sick....again. And he kept getting sicker. After two doctors visits and a hospital visit he was finally put on industrial strength antibiotics and within 24hrs had started to pick up. I actually think that whatever nasty bug he has (still not 100% and still waiting for test results) must have been brewing for a couple of months as when I thought about it he hadn't been himself for a long time. Thankfully he is well enough to have started playing outside again as I was about to have a nervous breakdown from having to have Thomas the Tank Engine going for 5 straight days!

My sister and her family arrived on Sunday for a weeks holiday. The house if full with four adults and 4 kids (well, 3 plus a baby). It has been nice having them but I think I will be sighing with relief when they go home again on Sunday. It's pretty full on here and I like my quiet life! But William has been loving having his big cousin Blakie to play with non stop and will miss him when they go I am sure.


They all went to the Busselton Jetty this morning for a ride on the train and a visit to the Underwater Observitory. They loved it.
Here's William on the train on the way out.


And here he is under the water looking out the window!


Samuel turned eight weeks old today. We celebrated that with yet another trip to the doctors. I feel like I live there at the moment. He was meant to have a visit with the Child Health Nurse but she had to change our appointment, and during the week I had found what I thought was a little hernia next to his belly button. But, it was red, so she told me to take him to see the doctor straight away. Turns out it is an infected cyst. More antibiotics.



I must admit about Samuel, that I was slightly taken aback during the week. I picked him up to put him in the car and felt that Mother/Baby bond all of a sudden. I then realised that it hadn't been there since he was born. Acutally I was shocked that I hadn't even noticed it's absence. I've been doing all the mother things for him but had been doing it without that bond. He's smiling and giving me those gorgeous gummy baby smiles and laughs now.

I've managed to fit in a little bit of sewing time - a hat each for the cousins and another 'big' pair of pjs.
AND! A very exciting thing - I got a new logo for Monkeysinmypocket.

The lovely Kate from Kate Hartman Graphic Design made it for me. I must say that she was fantastic to work with and after filling in her design brief, she came up with exactly what I was after first go. I highly recommend her if you are looking for a Graphic Designer!

Hmmm, let me see. Anything else? Nope. That's it for now.
Oops, except for I got my partner for the Down Under Doll Quilt Swap. Now I'm nervous! I don't know where to start!! I better start invesigating!

No comments: