Saturday, April 23, 2011

Home

Well we are back from our little holiday. Dad loved his golf shoe bag! It was really great to catch up with old friends.
My good friend Bex had a baby girl on the Friday morning as drove to the airport for Victoria so that was great that I got to meet little Issy! Another little girl to sew for seeing as I only have boys. Unfortunately she has been in and out of hospital with her with jaundice and they are worried as she hasn't gained any weight yet. I find it a bit crazy as she is only allowed to feed her every 3 hours. Hopefully it will all settle soon and they can keep her home.
I miss my friends over there. It's hard not really being part of their everyday lives anymore and I don't like missing out on what's going on with them.
I was a bit emotional as we landed back at Perth and walked into the airport. I'm not sure if it was happiness at being back or sadness that I really do live far away from the people that mean the most to me.
I'm looking forward to getting back in front of my sewing machine and sewing up a storm. I have a couple of baby blankets to make, some tummy time mats, a heap of Pyjamas and I really have to get cracking on my Down Under Doll Quilt Swap Quilt. All the fabric I ordered has arrived while I was away so I'm all set!
I hope it is a good Easter for everyone and that you all have a great time with your families.

1 comment:

Evelyn Jackson said...

Welcome back :) I had the same problem when we moved to Sydney. I could only manage a 5yr stint in Sydney before demanding we move back to Melbourne. And here I shall stay the rest of my days close to all my besties.