My view from the kitchen window this morning. The retic doing it's work.
And I finished this little quilt this morning. I actually finished the sewing of it last night, but washed and dried it this morning.
I've been hoarding this David Walker fabric in my stash for about 3 years. I think it was one of the first quilting fabrics I purchased online. I can't even remember where it came from, it was that long ago. But I'm trying to clear some stash. Um, so I can make way for more actually! The solids were there too, and the red and yellow stripy fabric that I used for binding.
It was pretty liberating making this. All I did was cut the fabrics, no measuring, just cut, and sew and see where it goes. I think it worked. I wasn't so sure until it was all finished mind you. I used some orange star flannel that I just happened to look down at the floor in Spotlight the other day and there it was. It was calling me I'm sure! It is so soft and snuggly.
It's listed in my Madeit store.