Thursday, July 7, 2011

Goodness I'm getting slack!

Is it getting longer between posts? Or is it just me? I must pick up my game! It's not that I haven't been doing anything, or that I've been overly busy. It's just that I sit down to post and along comes William who decides to use me as a climbing frame. Or Samuel wakes up and wants a feed or has done a poo! Right now, William is outside with Ben changing the water trough in the new pig paddock for the piglets! Yes! Piglets! And Samuel is trying to go to sleep. Here's hoping!




Aren't they cute! there's eight. Six girls and two boys.

I have also been sewing. I got a replacement JH which is behaving perfectly so I'm happy about that. I have also been enjoying the company of a lovely person in the sewing room with me. She and her husband bought a farm five minutes down the road from us and she's been just dying to learn to sew. So, I set up the Brother at the other end of the table and she's been sewing with me a couple of times a week. I'm loving it. She's going great guns too. She's making a jacket for her daughter who is a week and a half younger than Samuel (and her first kid is around Williams age). No help from me, she's straight into it and addicted! It really is fun. We chat about life and kids and other stuff and the kids fight play to their hearts content.
It's also shown me how much I miss having my close friends around. And seeing as they are all in Victoria it's a bit hard to just pop over for a catch up. In fact I've noticed my whole circle of friends changing recently. Funny that. But it is interesting to see how as your life changes so do the people in it. You seem to attract people with similar values and priorities.
Life is getting funner here and I'm starting to enjoy it again!

No comments: